We have a soft spot for weddings and wedding cakes, and this one right here is just beautiful with those two glasses of champagne standing beside it!
So let's share some weird facts about wedding cakes with you:
1. It used to be called bridal pie, not wedding cake.
2. Single bridesmaids put a slice of cake beneath their pillows, it was meant to help them dream of their future husbands.
3. In the 17th century, there were two confections: the bride's and the groom's cake. The groom's cake was usually a fruitcake and symbolized fertility.
4. The first wedding cakes were actually loaves of bread.
5. The first sweet wedding cake appeared in 1655.
Tag a cake vendor!
As a baker and freelance journalist, it can be hard budgeting throughout the year, especially when it’s not wedding season. I was asked by @experian_uk to share some tips - from baking as a side hustle and many years as a consumer journalist - which are now up on the blog. I’d love to hear your freelancing experiences (the good & the bad), and how you budget with a side hustle (or full time small business) in quieter months. Many thanks in advance 😘
If you couldn’t tell already, we love chocolate-flavoured everything.
Today at BYOB: We baked a bunch of brownies for everyone!! From- dark chocolate to milk chocolate & also chocochip brownies.
Our favourite has to be dark chocolate!!! Comment down below what’s your favourite flavour?