Snack/Side Idea: Crispy and Cheesy Potato Wedges by 📸 @xanjuschx 🍟 via @vegangotgame#vegangotgame
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl combine 2-3 tbsp oil (for about 6 large potatoes), spices, 1tsp smoked pepper powder and 2tbsp nutritional yeast for the cheesy flavor. Add potato and mix well. Place potato wedges onto baking sheets and bake for about 35 minutes (flipped half way) until golden and crispy! Enjoy!
14742521 hours ago
Lunch/Dinner Idea: Crispy Wedges, Roasted Mushrooms, Crunchy Broccoli and Creamy Hummus by 📸 @miss_gruenkern💛 via @vegangotgame#vegangotgame
2-3 medium potatoes
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp corn meal
1 tbsp breadcrumbs (gluten free breadcrumbs work too)
1 tbsp flour of choice (gluten free flour works too)
1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp dried herbs like parsley or basil
salt and pepper to taste
Bake at 425 F / 220 C on a parchment-lined baking tray for 45 minutes, flipping after 25.
Roasted Mushrooms recipe:
1 lb Button Mushrooms (wiped clean, stems trimmed or removed)
2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp fresh Chives (thinly sliced)
1/2 tsp Salt
Sprinkle Black Pepper
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°.
Toss clean mushrooms into ziploc bag; add olive oil, fresh chives, salt, and pepper; gently massage.
Place in oiled skillet;
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Creamy Hummus Recipe:
1 x 400g (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained
10-12 tbsp aquafaba (from the can of chickpeas)
8 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼-½ tsp sea salt
Place the drained chickpeas, 10 tbsp aquafaba, the tahini, lemon juice, and ¼ tsp sea salt into a food processor or blender, and blitz for 2-3 minutes, until smooth. If necessary, add more aquafaba to loosen the hummus.
Taste, and add more salt if required. Enjoy!
Fries and Greens are My Dream Team. Drop a 💚 below if this is one of your fave combos!
1/ 4 cup tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
Mix until creamy
(If you don't have a creamy brand of tahini, you may need to add a little hot water to get a creamier consistency for your dressing). Fries
Slice potatoes into fries. Soak in water for 15-20 minutes and remove from liquid. Season with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and some turmeric. Bake for 35-40 minutes in a 450 degree oven. Add fries to mixed greens with avo and tahini dressing.
Tip: Soaking potatoes in water remove excess starch and allows for crispy fries.
Cannelloni with Spinach-Cream Cheeze Filling 🍃💫 by @vegaliciously🍴 Recipe
INGREDIENTS (6 servings)
•800g fresh spinach leaves
•2 purple onion
•2 garlic cloves
•2tsp coconut oil
•1/3 tsp nutmeg
•250g almond cream cheese
•salt & pepper
•4 tbsp coconut oil
•4 tbsp all purpose flour
•300g soy milk (unsweetened)
•300g almond milk (unsweetened)
•1/2 tsp nutmeg
•salt & pepper
•100g vegan parmesan
•50g vegan parmesan
1. mince the onion & garlic. Heat a saucepan, melt the oil add the onion & garlic and cook until golden.
2. Add the spinach leaves and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the spieces and whisk.
4. Place the spinach with the cream cheese in a food processor and process until you reach a creamy mixture.
5. Place the mixture in a piping bag and fill the cannelloni.
6. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
7. Heat a saucepan, melt the oil, add the flour and whisk until it cooks.
8. Heat the milk and once warm add it to the flour.
9. Whisk throughly, add the spieces and bring to a boil.
10. When the sauce get thick add the parmesan and whisk. Pour the sauce over the cannelloni.
11. Top the cannelloni with more parmesan and cook in the oven until golden (+- 30 min)
Lunch/Dinner idea: Vegan kimbap by 📸 @hannah__chia 🍙 via @vegangotgame#vegangotgame Recipe:
For the vegan Kimbap:⠀ 2 cups short grain rice⠀
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
rinse and drain rice and cook according to rice cooker instructions or on a stovetop. while rice is still hot, mix in sesame oil and salt and set aside to cool.
- nori sheets
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch strips
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed
- 1 large cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 cups enoki mushroom, rinsed + 2 tsp soy sauce
- sesame oil
- cooking oil
pat tofu strips dry with a paper towel, and fry in a non-stick pan until golden brown. remove from pan.
stir-fry carrots in the same pan until just softened. season with salt, remove from pan, and repeat with the cucumber strips. next, fry the enoki mushrooms for 1-2 minutes with a dash of soy sauce. remove from pan and set aside.
for the spinach, bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the spinach leaves and blanch for 1 minute. remove immediately and cool in water. squeeze out the excess water and cut roughly into 1 inch segments, then mix in a bowl with sesame oil and salt.
to assemble the rolls, spread 3/4-1 cup of cooked rice with wet fingers on the rough side of a nori sheet on a bamboo mat, leaving a 2-inch margin at the top. place other ingredients in horizontal rows on the bottom half of the rice and roll tightly away from you, applying firm pressure and rolling until you reach the end of the sheet. cut with a sharp knife into 1/2 inch thick slices. Enjoy!
Diving head first into this creamy bowl of sundries tomato and lemon pasta on this chilly day ✨ In the winter I crave more grounding, warming foods- so basically all things soups, stews and pastas 🙌🏼 honoring my cravings means I’m pretty much always satisfied after meals, knowing I’ve given my body exactly what it wants 🌿What are your favourite warming winter foods?! 💛
Recipe adapted from @ohsheglows- I’ll be sharing my own version soon, though so stay tuned😍
Cornmeal Crusted Baked Potatoes + Picked Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce Recipe 🥔🌱
4 large baking potatoes, cut into wedges
2 Tablespoons tahini (possibly a little more)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sweet paprika (+ more used later)
1 Tablespoon medium grind cornmeal (+ more used later)
1 teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
Sprinkle black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the oven rack towards the middle, avoiding the lower oven rack placement.
Line a 14 x 20 baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
Mix the seasonings listed above, garlic powder, onion powder, sweet paprika, sea salt, black pepper and cornmeal in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Cut the potatoes into wedges, and place in a large mixing bowl. Note: You should be able to get between 6-8 wedges per potato.
Coat the potato wedges with the tahini, using your hands to get some tahini on all sides of the potato wedges, then once thoroughly coated with a thin coating of tahini, dump the potato wedges onto the parchment covered baking sheet.
Picked Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce
1/3 cup raw cashews
¼ cup + 1/8 cup pickled jalapenos (we used Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers)
½ cup cilantro (lightly packed)
1 Tablespoon lime juice
3 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant yogurt
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
1/3 cup water
In a small bowl, cover the raw cashews in boiling water, set aside to soak for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, measure out all your remaining ingredients and set aside.
After 20 minutes, drain the cashews and discard the water, then add the cashews and all the remaining dressing ingredients into a high-speed blender and emulsify until smooth. Taste test the dressing and add more seasoning, if needed.
VEGAN VODKA RIGATONI PASTA✨
ITS PASTA WEEK!
3 pasta recipes in a row... coming at ya guys.
Tag a friend and grab recipe below!
Vegan vodka pasta
1 yellow onion
4 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
1 4.5-oz. tube tomato paste
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 cup filtered water
1 lb. rigatoni noodles or any pasta your heart desires
1 bunch fresh Basil
Salt and pepper *I didn’t include vodka (because I don’t really think it changes much of the flavor of the sauce) but you totally can if you want, just add 1/4 cup to the sauce before step 6*!
1. Fill a large pot with water and place over high heat. Add a big pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling add the pasta and cook for 11 minutes or follow directions on your pasta box.
2. Meanwhile peel and finely chop onion. Firmly smash 4 garlic cloves, peel skin off, then mince.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large deep pan or pot and add onion and garlic, cook for 7 minutes... constantly stirring.
4. Add the entire tube of tomato paste and chili pepper flakes (optional) and stir. Continue to stir and lower heat. Cook for 4 minutes.
5. In a blender combine half cup raw cashews and 1 cup filtered water. Blend on high for 1 minute or until fully smooth.
6. Pour the cashew milk over the tomato paste/ onion mixture and stir. Carefully scoop out 1/4 cup (use a heat proof glass cup) of the hot boiling pasta water and add to the sauce. Stir until smooth sauce forms. Add a few more tbsp of hot pasta water if needed.
7. Once the pasta is done cooking,Transfer rigatoni noodles straight from the pot to the sauce. Add 1/4-1/2 cup hot pasta water to the pasta to loosen it all up.
8. Top the pasta of with chopped fresh basil, pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper. You can also add vegan parm or a sprinkle of nutritional yeast if that’s you’re jam.
Stop in and try our new menu items💚🌱Featured here is our Quinoa dish••• Green lentil croquettes topped with an herbed quinoa, pumpkin aji-Amarillo sauce, roasted carrots asparagus and braised greens, served with fresh leeks and green apple 🤤
11218 hours ago
Split Squats >>. Love to hate them!
But for reals I’ve started adding in 100 body weights split squats 2-3 times per week super set on my back days and the burn will last all week!!! While these are amazing for the glutes, if you focus on getting as low as you can, push through your heel and slow controlled movements >>. The hamstring burn is real!!! If you found this helpful and want to see more of my lifts give me a 💪🏻 and I’ll get back to sharing more of my personal workouts!
6318 hours ago
Swipe left to see what these ingredients turned into!! I make most of my meals from thoughts I have throughout the day, rather than using a recipe. So even though I thought I was going to use just these ingredients, I also ended up using onion, garlic, breadcrumbs for topping, and some Toffuti mixed into the raw sauce (I never heated the sauce, message me for more details!) #vegan#plantbased#plantbaseddiet#homemadevegan#vegancraft#veganspaghettisquash
Yesterday we gave away free @valkyriedoughnuts to show our student body just how good cruelty free can be!
All we asked is if people loved the donuts, to tell @dunkin donuts to ditch their dairy and eggs. Stop by their store and let them know, dm them, or tweet at them! Cruelty is not an essential ingredient to make an incredible donut.
Let’s. Make. A. Change. Knights!💛
The best part about cold weather is hot and spicy chili 🌶. Anyone with me? There is something SO comforting about coming home to the aromas and flavors of vegetable chili. ✨I love how simple it is to create (crockpot anyone?) and not to mention a great way to sneak in nutrients too. ♥️ —> my favorite toppings are @treelinecheese ( #vegan ) and @simplemills jalapeño crackers (And @wildbrine sriracha, which I literally put on everything 👌🏻) #healthydinner#chili#whatsfordinner
A sign that you're (successfully) weaning yourself off sugar? You find your smoothie made with 1C of blueberries a bit sweet 😏 I discovered berry, specifically the bold and beautiful blueb, makes for a dreamy combination when matched with hazelnut.
B L E N D
1 1/2C frozen zucchini (capital D shaped)
1C frozen organic blueberries
2C hazelnut milk (I used @pureharvest)
2 Tbsp vanilla coconut yogs
1 Tbsp collagen
1 Tbsp almond butter
1tspn maqui berry powder
1tspn maca powder
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of vanilla bean powder
Optional: 1/2 🥑
comfort food for a rainy day 🌿🌻☔ vegan creamy tomato pasta bake with broccoli, peas, olives, mushrooms 🍶🍝🍃🎀
8119 hours ago
Are humans “the top of the food chain”? Are we “the most dominant species on Earth”? Are we the true masters of this planet? 🐮
Great—then rather than use that power to HARM animals, why not use it to HELP them? 🙏🏼
Why must we humans choose to rule the planet with violence and greed when we can rule with peace, and compassion. 🙏🏼 _________________
@globalnews just said it’s going to be the year of the vegan! ✔️ LET’S DO THIS! 💗
#tbt to eating sweet potato nacho fries with my fave gal pals. Friends who geek out over healthy food together, stay together. 🤔 These nachos are cheese, corn, and meat free and perfect for our baby making mamma's who are craving the not so healthy version of nachos and fries. Which is why we are including the recipe in our nutrition for fertility, pregnancy and postpartum online program @earthtomamma and I have been working hard developing! Stay tuned! 🤰🍽️🥑
Orzo Pasta with Lentils and Steamed kale and carrots 👀✨👩🏽🍳
1 cup lentils
1 cup or half box of Orzo pasta
2-4 Kale Leaves
3/4 cup of shredded carrots
1/2 packet Goya’s Sazon
1 tsp Goya’s Adobo
1 Garlic clove or 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
Half red onion or less, chopped, diced
Half bell pepper, diced or sliced
4 cilantro stalks, diced
1/2 tbsp Cayenne pepper powder
1/2 tbsp paprika powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper, for taste
1) Boil water with salt and 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
2) Boil Orzo Pasta for 8-10mins
3) Cook lentils separate in a different pot for 30mins to 1 hour in boiling water med-high heat with salt and olive oil, once soft and cooked add Walkerwoods Jerk Seasoning sauce.
4) Sauté onion, garlic clove, bell pepper, & cilantro for about 3-4 mins on low-med heat.
5) Drain Orzo, Add sauté veggies, Add lentils, half cup of water, steamed kale and carrots cook for 5 mins on med-low heat. Add any seasoning you feel like it missing for taste.
* Soak your lentils a night before or 1 hour before cooking * I steam the kale and carrots in Aroma’s Rice Cooker using smart steam for about 3-5mins
* Walkerswood Jerk seasoning sauce I bought at a local store called African Caribbean Food Market.
📍4811 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115
💫 Golden Turmeric Tea Latte...
Deliciously detoxification and anti inflammatory 🙌🏼
Anybody else work from coffee shops rather than work from home? I love it when a “coffee” shop has other really nourishing drinks that add health to your body, plus has vegan milks!!! And as someone who doesn’t drink coffee, I am in love 😍 @veredacentral.ca