Khoa Gajar Ki Barfi
Servings - 4 - 5
Milk - 1 litre
Grated carrots - 500 grams
Sugar - 200 grams
Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
Desiccated coconut - 35 grams
Pistachios - 25 grams
Almonds - 25 grams
Khoa - 135 grams
Ghee - 4 tablespoons, divided
Khoa - 315 grams
Sugar - 45 grams
Almonds - to taste
Pistachios - to taste
1. Take a skillet, add 1 litre water and bring it to a boil.
2. Then, add 500 grams grated carrots and mix it well.
3. Cover it with lid and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
4. Open the lid and give it a nice stir.
5. Now, add 200 grams sugar and mix it well.
6. Add 1 teaspoon cardamom powder, 35 grams desiccated coconut and mix it again.
7. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
8. Then, add 25 grams pistachios, 25 grams almonds and mix it well.
9. Now, add 135 grams khoa and mix it again.
10. Cook for another 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
11. Add 2 tablespoons ghee and mix it well.
12. Transfer this into a tray and spread it evenly.
13. Refrigerate for 15 - 20 minutes.
14. Take a pan, add 2 tablespoons ghee, 315 grams khoa and mix it well.
15. Then, add 45 grams sugar and mix it again.
16. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
17. Remove it from heat and transfer this onto the refrigerated carrot mixture and spread it evenly.
18. Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
19. Refrigerate for 15 - 20 minutes.
20. Remove it from refrigerator and cut it into pieces.
To watch this video on a Normal Speed : Follow us on our Facebook page
Another curry. I had a bag of frozen baby Lima beans and decided to make it into an Indian curry.
I ate the curry with flaky Indian flat bread called paratha. Not for a carb-averse, but I like it. Just the way I want. 😋