GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN BITES WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES🔥🔥
Recipe by📸 @eatwell101
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
4-5 medium zucchini, rinsed and spiralized (or a pack of store-bought Zucchini Noodles)
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha)
1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium chicken broth
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
Slices of lemon, for garnish
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha) or 1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1. Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks and combine with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce or chili powder, mixing until evenly seasoned. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
2. In the meantime, wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles, then set aside.
3. Bring the marinated chicken bites to room temperature and heat two tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken pieces on all sides until golden brown. Remove the chicken bites from the skillet and set aside to a plate. You might have to work in batches to avoid crowding the pan and have steamed chicken instead of browned.
4. In the same skillet over medium-high, add two tablespoons butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Stir in fresh parsley and minced garlic, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini noodles render too much water. Add the chicken bites back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish with more parsley, fresh thyme, crushed chili pepper, and lemon slices and serve immediately. Enjoy!
🌱 Follow us @howtofoodprep
Spanish Chicken And Chorizo Traybake😍
100 grams chorizo
4 chicken thighs
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 yellow pepper, sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
6 new potatoes, cut into eighths
4 garlic cloves
2 rosemary sprigs
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Place the chorizo, chicken, onion, pepper, tomatoes, potatoes, garlic cloves, and rosemary sprigs onto a large tray. Make sure they are fairly spaced out and not piled on top of each other.
3. Drizzle olive oil over everything, then season with the salt, pepper, oregano, and paprika.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove and flip the chorizo so it doesn’t burn on top. Give everything a quick shake if you need to.
5. Bake for a further 10 minutes, or until the potatoes have crisped up.
6. Enjoy! .
Here’s what I prepped yesterday for the first half of the week! Note that we ate two of the meals last night so this is what’s left over.
I get so many questions about how many meals to make and learning how to plan properly is crucial if you want to make the right amount - no more or no less.
My best tip: work around your schedule. Look at your week before choosing recipes and meals- what do you have going on?
This week for example my partner has a catered meal at work so he didn’t need a lunch today! Otherwise we would have had 4 main meals instead of 3 for today.
Also- my partner isn’t a huge breakfast person so all breakfasts in my preps are for me. Otherwise there would be way more.
Meal prep is awesome because you can really tailor it to your schedule and it makes a huge difference. No one said you *have* to only eat meal preps all week if you do it. The frequency is completely up to you.
MEAL PREP DEETS:
Breakfast 1: oatmeal raisin cookie overnight oats
Breakfast 2: breakfast baked sweet potato stuffed with scrambled egg
Meal option 1: homemade falafel with quinoa Greek salad and tahini mustard lemon sauce
Meal option 2: baked salmon with Cajun spices/homemade pesto with roasted sweet potato, broccoli and asparagus
Got questions about this prep? Drop them below!
RECIPES: the breakfasts and falafel will be in future WWL Meal Plans!! You can get access and learn more in my bio link. The salmon meal prep is already in the WWL Meal Prep Program!
Burrito Bowl 🇲🇽📸
Choose from Chicken / Falafal / Steak – served with cheese, jalapenos, red kidney beans, salsa & sour cream on a rice base 🤤
One of the box meals available on our growing takeaway menu ⬇️⬇️
‘Create Your Own’ Pro Boxes, Wraps, Pittas & Sides - we have options to tailor for all
Eating healthy but not losing weight? 🤔Here’s an illustration of what could’ve happened.
While calories are definitely not the only thing that matter, here’s something to look at if you feel stuck or have hit a weight loss plateau despite feeling like you’re doing all the right things. Making the switch to a nutrition plan that’s mostly processed junk food to a nutrition plan that’s mostly whole nutritious foods will alone help you lose weight. That could be 80/20 for some people 90/10 for others - whatever that balance looks like for you find it!
However, if you have already made the switch and still struggling to reach a healthier weight, here’s an example of how cooking oils, salad dressing, high fat snacks and toppings can add up to a 595 calorie difference, thus taking you out of your moderate calorie deficit.
Now you don’t even have to track, per se, to become more aware of this, although tracking is always helpful (which you can do for a short period of time then stop once you get the gist of portion sizes). Being aware that even healthy fats are high in calories and to watch your portion on them is helpful in the long run. Here are some tips that have helped me:
When eating nuts - grab a small handful and then put the jar away so you’re not mindlessly eating them.
(Same goes for nut butter)
On cooking oils - remember a little bit goes a long way! I also love Trader Joe’s non-toxic olive oil spray or you can make your own oil spray bottle at home.
On salad dressings - olive oil or avocado oil based dressings are a great way of adding healthy fats to a salad but remember you don’t need to overdo it. Ask for dressing on the side at restaurants so you can control it.
Overall, it’s not that one extra items alone is a big deal but the addition of all the extra toppings together can add up to a lot of calories so maybe pick the areas you want to keep and like me, skip the sour cream on the potato just from some easy sea salt (just an example).
Hope you found this helpful!
Credit @meowmeix ✨
You guys love this one. I love this too!! Big returns for minimal effort!!
I know it’s tempting to skip the flour dusting but I really urge you not to. It creates a bit of a crust that the sauce clings to! ! Nx ❤️
Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
500 g / 1 lb chicken breast , boneless and skinless (2 pieces)
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup / 60g flour
50 g / 3.5 tbsp unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves , minced
1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar (or white or other clear vinegar)
1 tbsp light soy sauce (or all purpose)
1/3 cup / 90g honey (or maple syrup)
1. Cut the breasts in half horizontally to create 4 steaks in total. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper. Coat in flour, shaking off excess.
2. Melt most of the butter in a large skillet over high heat - hold back about 1 tsp for later. Cook chicken for 2 - 3 min until golden, turn and cook the other side for 1 min.
3. Turn heat down slightly to medium high.
4. Make a bit of room in the pan and add garlic and top with remaining dab of butter. Stir garlic briefly once butter melts.
5. Add vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Stir / shake pan to combine. Bring sauce to simmer, then simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
6. Turn chicken to coat in sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add a touch of water and stir.
7. Remove from stove immediately. Place chicken on plates and drizzle over remaining sauce. .
Anyone who knows anything about health and fitness knows that nutrition is 80% of your results. Yes, these workouts are super effective, but the fact that I am pouring over 70 superfoods into my body in just ONE of my meals plays a huge part in my results. 🥤🥒🥦🥑🍌🍓🥗 Don’t believe me? Try it for a month and see what happens 😉 #notjustaproteinshake
Pad Thai has become a weekly staple in my house. I use pantry items I always have on hand (tamari or coconut aminos, @lotusfoods brown rice noodles, peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, sesame seeds, peanuts) and add any and all vegetables I have in my fridge (here I did onions, red pepper, purple cabbage, green beans, ginger, broccoli) + cilantro, lime & green onion to finish! I baked some sesame tempeh in the oven and topped my bowl with a few pieces of that, too! Will be eating leftovers for lunch all week long ✨
Skinny Italian = Grilled chicken, zucchini noodles (the word zoodle freaks me out), sautéed onions in a homemade marinara sauce
Healthy and packed with a ton of flavor
4 крупные рассыпчатые картофелины
1 ст. л. подсолнечного масла
100 г сыра гауда или чеддер
125 г сметаны
2 ст. л. измельченного лука
1.Разогрейте духовку до 200°С (духовку с конвекцией до 180°С). Застелите противень бумагой для выпечки. Тщательно помойте картофель щеткой и насухо промокните его бумажным полотенцем. Положите картофель на противень и сбрызните подсолнечным маслом. Запекайте в предварительно разогретой духовке около часа.
2.Тем временем натрите сыр на крупной терке. Смешайте половину сыра, сметану и столовую ложку измельченного лука. Посолите и поперчите.
3.Слегка остудите картофель. Отрежьте поперек от каждой картофелины ломтик толщиной около сантиметра. Осторожно выньте ложкой середину, оставив стенки толщиной в сантиметр. Переложите мякоть картофе-ля в миску и разомните ее вилкой. Смешайте с сыром, сметаной и луком.
4.Наполните полученной массой картофель. Посыпьте оставшимся сыром. Выложите картофель на противень и запекайте в предварительно разогретой духовке 15 мин., пока сыр не расплавится. Посыпьте оставшимся луком. Подавайте горячим.
So I totally stole the board and idea from @poppy_and_roo but this is actually amazing! I planned my meals, went to the supermarket & bought just what I needed (few little snacks extra) but means less waste and cheaper bill! Cheers for the idea Emily! #foodprep#kitchendecor x
Food preparation underway! This is the only way I stay on track with my healthy eating habits. It doesn’t mean I eat well 100% of the time - I’m human after all! But this way there’s really no excuse to ‘fall off the wagon’ 🙌🏼 #foodprep#veglife#prep#homecooking