I’ve been a Harry Potter fan since the first movie came out. Yes that’s right, I saw the movie before reading the book.. I know, it's terrible. However I didn’t make that mistake twice and since that cold winter day in 2001, I was hooked. This year, I was determined to create my own HP themed tree, which means it was time for some DIYing.
1. Hogwarts letter: drawn on printer paper, used some glitter glue to create a wax seal effect, and glued to some cardboard for increased durability
2. Baubles: Bought clear plastic ones from the dollar store (2 for $1) and filled them with Gryffindor themed confetti strips, also from the dollar store
3. Spells: drew out spells/enchantments in magical fonts using silver/gold glitter glue (3 for $1) onto black paper and glued to cardboard
4. Snitch: bought medium sized jingle bells (6 for $1) and attached cardboard wings that I painted white.
5. Stag: not a DIY but also found this at the dollar store and I thought it was pretty fitting for the theme ☺️ *Candy canes: saved from last years tree cause we stay #thrifty ✌🏻😂