From @foster_furbabies: “WELCOME, NEW FOSTER KITTENS! .
Meet Firefly, one of the #NightbugKittens.
Sheʼs not feeling 100%, and mostly wants to rest at this time. Sheʼs a little shy, but I think once sheʼs over her “bug”, sheʼll love all the attention and playtime. Firefly is about 6 weeks old. Iʼm so thrilled to be able to love and care for her and her sister!” #catsofinstagram
Decorating during the holidays is fun and pretty, but make sure to keep Holly and Mistletoe away from your fur babies:
Holly and mistletoe are popular holiday plants. These plants, along with their berries, have a greater toxicity level than the poinsettia. Symptoms of illness form ingesting these plants include intestinal upset, such as vomiting and diarrhea, excessive drooling, and abdominal pain.
Mistletoe contains multiple substances that are toxic to both dogs and cats, including toxalbumin and pharatoxin viscumin (Lectins, Phoratoxins). Mistletoe is well known for causing severe intestinal upset, as well as a sudden and severe drop in blood pressure, breathing problems, and even hallucinations (unusual behavior). If a large enough amount of these plants are ingested, seizures and death may follow. The leaves and berries of holly and mistletoe plants, even the dried plants, should be kept well out of your pet's reach, or kept out of the home altogether.